Thursday, January 12, 2012

"The Complete Madame Guyon"

While I was working on this book, I found pieces of wisdom everywhere. One is from
"The Song of Song of Solomon" page 167.

Madame Guyon writes,"God delights in hiding away the souls belonging to the divine. Even angels
admire and respect them under the humblest external forms in the world." Guyon is saying that
we are not living exposed to the stresses and troubles so very present in our lives but
God is caring for them as we reach out to God in our inner lives.

Particularly in our troubled times, I find great reassurance in the belief that no power
in the world can destroy us when we trust in God.

Madame Guyon certainly found this to be true, even as she struggled with a decade of incarceration.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nancy for this wonderful work you have brought together. I have almost all of her works including commentaries. I am only a collector of her works and no one else. She has the same mind as I do and every time I read her writings it truly melts my heart. As if she is reading my mind. No human being could ever do that. And I truly believe that she existed so that I can now never say I am alone in my beliefs.

    ReplyDelete